We just got back from our Missionary Conference, what a feast. It is Fast Sunday and conference here is always held on Fast Sunday. The Mission President, his counselors and their wives all talked and reminded us of some of the things we have learned this past week.
I want to write some of the thoughts I heard:
Very little that happens to us are coincidences! God places people in our path for a purpose.
"Your mission is a success if you don't convert anyone but yourself." Jeffrey R Holland
"Save yourself first. The intention of Preach My Gospel was to convert the missionary before the investigator."
Your own salvation is the most important thing for you in this life and throughout eternity.
Are you enjoying your experience? If not fix it.
The first source of how to answer life's questions is the scriptures.
"Intelligence is the application of knowledge." If you don't apply the knowledge you gain you lack intelligence. Joseph F Smith.
Joseph Smith (or any other prophet) wasn't born a prophet, he became one.
Our own personal scripture is our Patriarchal Blessing.
We may not see angels but are promised A Still Small Voice.
"I WILL GO AND DO BECAUSE I KNOW.
I loved these thoughts. Hope you do too.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment