I was quite disappointed last Sunday after the first session of General Conference when more than half of the people left and went home before the second session. But I felt much better today, however, when I saw the turn out for District Conference. Here the people have to make a choice of which conference they go to because they can't afford to go to both. It turned out to be a good choice for them because they were able to come Saturday for District Training and stay over night for the Conference the next day. Also the talks during conference were specific to our area. We felt very inspired and know the Lord is going before us and making the way because they talked about the very things that we have been teaching the people.
The church parking lot was buzzing when we pulled in just before 7:00 a.m. for the missionary training meeting. I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a chartered bus, a truck with the back filled with people and several jeepneys and pedicabs full to the brim with people coming to conference. It was a beautiful site and they brought with them their beautiful smiles and excitement and wonderful spirits.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment