Abe was called and sustained to be the second counselor in the District Presidency and I was sustained to be the second counselor in the District Relief Society. I feel like I have already been acting in this role because I have had to give talks and training in all of the District Relief Society Meetings the last little while anyway. I can actually feel the Lord helping me to fulfill what has been asked of me more than ever before. I know we are supposed to be here at this time for specific purposes.
Abe has some ideas that we hope will be successful in helping the people lift themselves while they are lifting their neighbors. He has put together key people who will begin to help people manufacture items that are native to the Phillipines and will sell them on the internet. They have already purchased some equipment to get started. They are starting with a belt made from the coconut that is popular with the missionaries here. They soon will start to make belts out of the horns of carabou that the missionaries also love. They will soon start to make other items such as beach mats, woven handbags, rice hats, carabou handled knives, bag to hold small items such as cell phones, and other items all handmade by the natives of Leyte.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment